The term "Sidebar" refers to ad-like objects that often appear in the side columns of the site. Once you've created a sidebar item, you can relate it to multiple pages via the Pages section of P&C.
Creating a Sidebar Item
- Click the Sidebars tab in P&C
- Click Add a New Sidebar
- Select a Sidebar Type
- Enter a title for the item
- Check the box to continue to page details, or leave it unchecked to simply add the item
- Click Add Page
Organizing Sidebar Items
Drag-and-Drop: By dragging and dropping one sidebar onto another existing one, a folder will be created where additional items can be created and stored.
Filtering: The dropdown menu can be used for ordering and filtering purposes.
Editing Sidebar Item Details
- Click on the pencil icon to the right of the items title.
- Complete the available fields (if applicable). These fields are based on the sidebar type chosen when the item was created.
- Narrative Content
- If copying from a plain text file, delete paragraph spaces an re-enter them to create a new line break
- Review the Style Guide and style text accordingly
- Click Save Changes to save the details